- You must only access these services if you are 12 years and older. If you are located in the United States, you must be 13 years and older to access these services.
Personal Information for EU residents
- If you are physically in the European Union (“EU”), Iceland, Norway, Lichtenstein or the United Kingdom, you may have extra rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) concerning your Personal Information, as detailed in the EU Privacy Notice. We will detail the policy below.
- When you register with us, you become a Epsychclinic User. When you choose to register, we will ask you for Personal Information. “Personal Information” refers to data or information about you that could be used to identify or individually contact you. This covers but is not limited to the following, your name, email address, the geolocation where you are using the service from. However, it does not include your credit card details or other billing information. Transactions on Epsychclinic involving your billing and payment information are processed by other party payment vendors and are subject to their privacy procedures. We do not save any of the data that you provide to these payment vendors.
- Any personal data or content you willingly provide in public areas, especially social media, becomes known to the public. It can be collected and used by others for any reason. If you need assistance with changing your account settings or with deleting content, please contact us. Removal of posted content does not ensure complete deletion of the content or information. Some content may not be visible to users but remain on servers in some form. Therefore, you should exercise caution before disclosing your Personal Information via these or any other public venues.
- If you sign up for an Epsychclinic account, you may have a user account on the Site. It may have your full name and other information, including your location and email. You may also add additional information to your Profile. Any data you choose to supply as part of your Profile should indicate how much you want Epsychclinic to understand about you. We recommend that you safeguard your anonymity and sensitive data, and we encourage users to think carefully about what information they share prior to the act. You can change your Profile at any time.
Information on Cookies
- There are two types of Cookies we use; “session Cookies” and “persistent Cookies”. Session Cookies are temporary Cookies stored on your device while you are visiting our Site. In contrast, “persistent Cookies” are stored on your device for a set period after you leave our Site. The amount of time a persistent Cookie stays on your device hinges on the Cookie. We use persistent Cookies to save your preferences so that it is there when you next visit the site. They are there to keep a more precise account of how often you visit our Services, how often you come back, and how your use of the Services varies over time.
- Some cookies are placed by other parties on your device and may inform other parties and us about your browsing habits. These cookies may be used to determine whether certain other party services are being used, identify your interest areas, retarget advertisements, and serve advertisements that we or others think are relevant to you. We have no control over these third parties’ Cookies.
- We may, in addition, use the subsequent types of Cookies.
- Essential Cookies. These are needed to provide you with the features or services you want. For instance, some cookies allow you to log in to our site’s specific parts. Disabling these Cookies may make certain features inaccessible.
- Advertising Cookies. Advertising Cookies collect data about your online activity and note your interests. They enabling us to provide advertising that we believe is more appropriate to you.
- Functionality Cookies. Functional Cookies are used to register your settings and choices about our Services, and maintain your selected options over time. These cookies enable us to individualize our content for you and remember your preferences.
- Analytical Cookies. Analytical Cookies allow us to comprehend how visitors use our Services and Site. Including collecting data about the weekly number of visitors to the Services, the weekly calls we receive for certain files on the Services, and what geolocation those requests come from. We use these aggregated numbers internally to provide better services to the user. They may also be provided to other parties.
- Performance Cookies also help us monitor our advertising efforts’ commission to enable us better our campaigns and the Services’ content for those who interact with our advertisements.
- You have a choice whether to or not accept Cookies. You can do this via your internet browser settings. Most browsers have the option of turning off the cookie feature. This will stop your browser from receiving new Cookies and decide on getting each new Cookie in various ways. You can also clear all cookies that are stored on your device. You may have to adjust some choices every time you visit a site if you do this. In addition, some services and processes may not work.
- To explore what Cookie settings are open to you, look in your browser’s “preferences” or “options” section.
- A cookie is used to show you another website’s certain page. The information obtained may be used to tailor our promotion to suit your needs and, in turn, only showcase ads applicable to you.
- We may present interest-based ads to you when you use Facebook through a tool administered by Facebook. This tool allows us to tailor our ads about your services use. We do not provide any of your information with Facebook. The tool lets us alter your email address to a unique number that Facebook uses to equate to unique numbers Facebook creates from its users’ email.
- If we are acquired or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right to assign the data we have collected from all parties, including without limitation personal information, as part of such acquisition, merger or other change of control. In the event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws, we may not have authority over how your personal information is used.
Transfers of Data and Information
- The Services are hosted in data centres in different locations. If you obtain access to the Services from the European Union (EU), please see the section below titled “Transfers of Personal Information” in the EU.
California Civil Code
- California Civil Code permits users of the Services residing in California to request information regarding its disclosure of Personal Information to other parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send an email with ‘California Civil Code’ in the subject heading.
EU Privacy Notice
- If you are residing in the European Union (“EU”), Lichtenstein, United Kingdom, Norway, or Iceland, you may have rights by means of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) concerning your Personal Information, as outlined below.
What personal information is collected?
- We collect personal information about you when you provide such data directly to us when other parties, such as service providers or our business partners, feed us with your Personal Information. Or when personal information regarding you is collected in relation to your use of Epsychclinic.
Information you provide us directly:
We receive personal information when you provide us with such Personal Information, including without limitation the following:
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Location information including city, state, postcode, and country.
- Social media accounts
- Other information you share publicly via the Services
Some Personal Information is routinely collected when you use our Services. Including the following:
- Device identification information and access times
- Page view statistics
- Location information, including device IP address
- Your use of the Services. This includes Course enrollment and which week’s you have accessed. It also includes interactions you are having on the platform.
- Web browser information and browsing history
- Transaction information, including amount and date these transactions occurred
- Cookies and other tracking technologies
Some other parties such as service providers and our business partners provide us with your Personal Information, including the following:
- Information from advertising partners: We receive data regarding you from our service providers who assist us with promotional services related to how you engage with our websites, services, communications or advertisements.
- Account information from other parties: If you are involved with a third-party service when using our Services, for example, if you use a third-party service to access our Services, or if you distribute content from our Services on to a third party social media service, that other service will provide us data about you, such as information from your public profile, if the third-party service and your account settings with them allow such sharing. The information we obtain will be in accordance with the policies and your account profile with the third party service.
How Do We Use your Personal Information?
We process Personal Information to provide, improve, and personalize our Services. For example, we use Personal Information to:
- Create and administer user accounts and profiles
- Personalize our Services. This includes showing users their saved Courses and providing Course recommendations.
- Provide users with additional features
- Communicate with you regarding the Services
- Contact you with offers, promotions regarding the Services.
- Process orders
- Provide help for the Services
- Improve the Services
- Meet contract duties
- Meet legal obligations
- Respond to and fulfil user questions and requests
- Resolve disputes
- Protect against or deter dishonest, unlawful or harmful actions
- Enforce our Terms
- Complete corporate transactions
We will only prepare your Personal Information if and when we have a lawful justification to do so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual obligation and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others. Please see below for elaboration.
- Legitimate Interest: We prepare the following categories of Personal Data if we consider it advances the legitimate interest of us or other parties.
- IP address
- Email address
- Location data
- Your activity on the Services
Examples of these legitimate interests include:
- Providing our Services
- Advertising our Services
- Improving our Services
- Personalization of the Service
- Facilitating legal obligations
- Analyzing your usage of our Services
- Customer care provision
- Protection from security threats
- Completion of transactions
- Contractual Obligation: We treat the following kinds of Personal Information as a matter of “contractual necessity”. Meaning that we have to process the data to meet our obligations under our Terms with you. This in turn, allows us to deliver you with the Services. When we process data due to contractual obligation, neglect to provide Personal Information will impact your inability to use some, or all portions of the Services that need such information.
- Email address
- Consent: In some instances, we process Personal Information based on the consent you expressly grant to us when collecting such data. When we prepare Personal Information based on your consent, it will be clearly indicated to you at the time of supply.
- Other Grounds for Process: We may also need to process Personal Information to meet a legal obligation. This may be necessary to protect the interests of you or other subjects or if it is required for a task carried out in the interest of the public.
When Do We Share Your Data?
- Payment processors
- Marketing means
- Hosting service providers
- Fraud prevention services
- Third-party providers of advertising
- Analytics providers
- Development and engineering tools
- Staff augmentation and other contract personnel
We also share Personal Information when necessary to complete a transaction authorized by you or to provide you with a service you have ordered. In addition to what is set forth above, these parties also include:
- Other users when and where you post data publicly
- Third-party business partners whom you can contact through the Services
- Social media providers when you interact with them through your use of the Services
We also yield Personal Information when we deem it is necessary to do the following:
- Comply with the law or to respond to the legal process. This includes law enforcement or other government bureaus.
- Protect us, our Services or our users. To enforce our terms of service, stop spam or other unsolicited communications and protect all parties against fraud.
- Control the safety of our services.
We share information with other parties when you consent us to do so. In addition, you realize that we may move your Personal Information, and that any purchaser of us or our assets may move to use your Personal Information, as outlined above.
Duration of retention of Personal Information
- We retain Personal Information as long as you have an open account with us or as it is considerednecessary to provide you Services. In some instances, we keep Personal Information for longer if it is considered necessary to meet our legal obligations, resolve disagreements or collect fees due. Or if it is permitted or obligated by applicable law or regulations. Afterwards, we keep some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form, however, not in a way that would recognise you.
Security Measures We Use
- We strive to protect Personal Information using appropriate technical standards based on the nature of Personal Information and suitable processing activity.
Personal Information of Children
- We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of 12.
Rights regarding Your Personal Information
- You have certain rights about your Personal Information, including those detailed in this document. For more information about these rights, please email us. Please be aware that we will not be able to fully comply with your request in some circumstances, such as if it is deemed inconsequential or highly impractical, if it negatively impacts the rights of other parties, or if it is not required by law. In those instances, we will attempt to respond to you with our decision. In other circumstances, we may also require you to provide us with extra information, including Personal Information, if we need it to ascertain your identity and better comprehend your request.
- Access: You can request additional information about the Personal Information we have about you. In addition, you can request a copy of the Personal Information. You can contact us if you would like more information.
- Rectification: If you think that Personal Information we have about you is inaccurate, you can request that we fix such data. You can also rectify part of it directly by making changes to your Profile. In addition, you can request that we fix or update such data by emailing us.
- Removal: You can request that we delete any of your Personal Information from our systems by emailing us.
- Portability: You can request a copy of your Personal Information in an appropriate format.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are organising any of your Personal Information based on your consent, you can withdraw your consent. However, if you do exercise this right, you will have to provide express consent on a case-by-case basis to use your Personal Information if such disclosure is required to allow you to use some of our Services.
- Objection: You can inform us that you object to your personal data ongoing use for specific purposes.
- Restriction of Processing: You can request that restrict the ongoing processing of your Personal Information.
- Right to File a Complaint: You have the right to complain about Epsychclinic’s practices regarding your Personal Information with your country’s appropriate authority.
Transfers of Personal Information
- The Services are operated and hosted worldwide through Epsychclinic and its service providers. If you do not reside in Ajman, United Arab Emirates, the laws applicable here may differ from the laws where you live. By using the Services, you acknowledge and accept that Personal Information regarding you, regardless of whether provided by you or received from another party, is being provided to Epsychclinic. And will be hosted on worldwide servers. In addition, you approve Epsychclinic to transfer, save and process your information in any country. From this moment onwards, you consent to the transfer of your data.
- Epsychclinic is committed to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework regarding the gathering and use of Personal Information transferred from the EU. These Principles are:
- Accountability for onward transfer
- Data integrity and purpose limitation
- Recourse, enforcement, and responsibility regarding all Personal Information received from within the EU following the Privacy Shield.
- The Privacy Shield Principles require that we may be liable if any other party processing Personal Information on behalf of us fails to meet these Privacy Shield Principles. Epsychclinic’s compliance with the Privacy Shield is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
- Please contact us with queries relating to the Privacy Shield. We will endeavour to respond promptly.